Monday, October 5, 2009

Thoughts?

Alright everyone, honest opinions, what did you think of the 2009 Oktoberfest? We went out for the tapping of the keg at noon on Friday and there were already so many people out there! I went back out for a little while on Friday night and it was hard to move, people were everywhere and it seemed as though everyone was having a great time! The weather couldn't have been better (a little cold, but nothing bitter)! The parade was pretty good I thought as well, the weather was amazing and everyone seemed to be in great spirits! I hope you all had the chance to see the 'Keep Sidney Beautiful' float, I believe it was the 3rd or 4th float in the parade.

I didn't get a chance to go to the Rod 'N Roll, how did that go?

The wiener dog races (Running of the Wieners) went well! A bit of drizzle for a good part of the race but everyone had a lot of fun and the dogs were so cute! I have always loved watching those races.

The craft vendors weren't just at the tent this year as there were some different booths set up at the Holiday Inn as well as downtown Sidney in the old 'The Edge' building at the corner of 10th and Illinois Street.

All-in-all, I would say I had the most fun at the big tent, seeing old friends and having a great time!

What are your thoughts? Good or bad this year?

Until next time,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. O-fest pulled off another great event. My Mom was down over that weekend and loved every minute of it. We could not drag her away from the event stands, especially when the Sidney (Denver) Pipe Band came into the tent. Her comment was she is going to plan her NE vacation over the first weekend in October.

    Great job to all the Volunteers involved.

    Greg Huck

    ReplyDelete